Effective May 1, 2021 the following written MAP policy will be in effect for all Unior, Juice Lubes, and Sinter (“our brands”) products.
Unior USA has always had an informal MAP policy in place as it pertains to the above-mentioned brands and as our brands grow in recognition and reach it’s more and more important to formalize this policy, hereinafter referred to as “MAP policy”. Our MAP policy protects you, our retailers (“reseller”), by helping to prevent a race to the bottom with respect to pricing and giving everyone a fair chance to make a strong margin selling our products.
Our brands have worked to position themselves in the marketplace as premium products that bring a premium value to the end user. By undercutting the MAP policy a reseller can diminish and take away from the value that our brands have worked hard to present. The intent of this MAP policy is to help the reseller build customer loyalty through their service and customer experience. To do so the following requirements must be met:
- The Minimum Advertised Price for our brands’ products shall be no less than the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail price (MSRP) as listed on uniorusa.com. This MAP is established by Unior USA and may be adjusted by Unior USA at any time and at its own discretion.
- You shall not list our brands’ products on any third party website (e.g. Amazon.com, eBay, or any others) without prior written consent from Unior USA. Selling our brands’ products via a website directly associated with your store is permissible provided this MAP policy is abided by.
- This MAP policy applies to all advertisements of Unior USA’s products in any and all media, including but not limited to flyers, posters, web sites, newsletters, public signage, and television. This MAP policy is not applicable to any in-store advertising that is displayed only in-store and not distributed elsewhere.
- The inclusion in advertising of free or discounted products, with a product covered under this MAP policy, would be contrary to the policy if it discounts the advertised price of the covered product below the MAP.
- If pricing is displayed anywhere other than your brick-and-mortar store any strike-through or other alteration of the MAP is prohibited.
- This MAP policy does not establish Maximum Advertised Price nor does it dictate a specific selling price. Any product covered under this MAP policy may be sold for any price greater than the MAP.
- This MAP policy does not, in any way, limit the ability of a reseller to advertise that they “have the lowest prices” or that they “will meet or beat any competitors’ price”
- Unior USA retains the right to run a temporary sale at its discretion and in such cases the MAP will be the same as the temporary sale price on those particular items for that particular time period.
- The violation of this MAP policy at any one location, physical or digital, by a reseller with multiple such locations, shall be deemed to be a strike against the reseller in general and not tied to that specific location.
- Unior USA reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or cancel a reseller’s future orders if Unior USA has reason to believe:
- A reseller has violated the terms of this MAP policy
- A reseller intends to violate this MAP policy
- Unior USA’s MAP policy administrator is solely responsible for determining whether a violation of the policy has occurred as well as the appropriate consequences and sanctions.
- Waivers to this policy may be granted, at Unior USA’s sole discretion, in the form of a written waiver. In the event a waiver is granted the reseller must strictly adhere to the terms and conditions of the waiver. Deviation from those terms and conditions is considered a violation of the MAP policy.
- Unior USA monitors the advertised prices of resellers both directly and via third party tools. Resellers are expected to reasonably cooperate with Unior USA’s investigations regarding violations of this MAP policy. Resisting, obstructing, delaying, or otherwise hindering such investigations can be considered a violation of the MAP policy.
- This MAP policy will be enforced at Unior USA’s own discretion and without notice. Resellers are not authorized to enforce the MAP policy themselves.
- Questions regarding this policy, including application for waivers, should be directed to email@example.com